Planning to go on a vacation to Ahmedabad? Well, then you have made a very good choice. Ahmedabad is one of the most beautiful cities in the country and hence you will be able to make the most of your trip here.
There are plenty of places to visit in Ahmedabad that will paint a picture of the Indian life and culture in general. Some of the finest resorts in Gujarat are located in Ahmedabad and hence, needless to say, you will enjoy a more than comfortable stay here if you wish to. So, if you are heading out to Ahmedabad anytime soon, here are some of the places that you have to visit when you are there:
- Kankaria Lake: Start off your trip with a relaxing evening by the Kankaria Lake. This is the largest lake of this city and offers you a pleasant respite, right in the middle of the city! Beautifully decorated with lights with regular fountain shows, Kankaria Lake is a favourite of both the tourists and locals alike. If you want to start off your trip with one of the most beautiful lakes of Gujarat, then do so with the Kankaria Lake.
- Gandhi Ashram: Needless to say, this is the major attraction of Gujarat. Located in the Sabarmati district, which is just a couple of kilometres away from Ahmedabad; this is the place that you have to visit on the first morning of your Ahmedabad tour. It still houses the room where Gandhi used to stay and work. All documents pertaining to his life and the Indian freedom struggle have still been kept preserved in the museum of Sabarmati Ashram which you can explore during your visit. Do keep a morning in your hand to visit and tour the entire Ashram premises that will surely transport you to a meditative contemplation.
- Jama Masjid: What a lot of people do not know is that Ahmedabad is home to some of the finest mosques in the country and Jama Masjid is the finest amongst them. This mosque was built during the reign of Sultan Ahmed Shah sometime during the 1400s. This is an architectural wonder that stands tall even today making it one of the star attractions. Congregational prayers are held here on Fridays. The mosque has a total of 260 pillars that render a different aura to the entire place.
- Nalsarovar Bird sanctuary: If you are willing to travel about 60kms away from Ahmedabad for an amazing bird sanctuary and a beautiful view of water bodies, then book a car from any one of the 5 star hotels in Ahmedabad and head out to this lovely bird sanctuary.
- JhultaMinar: This is truly a must visit place in Ahmedabad. This is an example of architectural brilliance and how. The JhultaMinar is basically two pillars and the most interesting feature is that if you shake one the other one begins to vibrate!
There are more places of interest in Ahmedabad, waiting to be explored! So what are you waiting for? Head out for your trip, today!